|“||"I'll take your empty threats into consideration. But I'd advise you to tell your little abomination behind us to refrain from trying anything stupid, it would be a shame if he were to make, a mistake."||”|
Seana Eva Kane (Born Seana Petrescu) is a vampire and a main character in The Hathaway Chronicles. She is also the primary antagonist in Darkness Descending. Throughout the series she has sired many people, including Scott Anderson and Hazel Moore.
Seana Kane, born Seana Eva Petrescu, was born somewhere in Northern Ireland, on October 11, 1885. She was born to a man named Alaric Petrescu, and an unnamed mother. Her father was part Romanian and Irish descent, while her mother was full Irish. In the spring of 1886, her parents were struck and killed in a wagon accident, leaving her an orphan. Her ancestor, Orion Petrescu, who looked after his descendants, took her and left her to be raised by the Kane's, a couple who were sired by Orion, and had been wanting to raise a child. It was revealed that Seana was the last living of his family line. Afterwards, Orion left, and Seana was raised as the only child of the Kane's, to whom they adored, and raised her to be kind and helping to others.
The Hathaway Chronicles
Seana was described as giving off a mysterious look, having light pale skin, long raven black hair, and steel gray eyes, at first glance anyone would be enchanted with her. She often used this to lure people to do what she wanted. In 2012, she usually she wore black clothing, a somewhat "bad girl" look.
As a human, Seana was very adventurous as a child, and she frequently went on vacations with her adoptive parents, who loved to travel, and wanted Seana to see the world. When she became 16, she became a nurse, and worked at the local sanatorium in Ireland. Knowing her parents could use their blood to heal others, and asked why they didn't, they had said that it was wrong to control nature, and to let people pass on. At 18, she asked to become like them, since she wanted to use her newfound vamprisim to heal others. They warned her that she could never have children, and would never age another day, but regardless, they gave her her wish.
Once a vampire, she was still how she was when she was human. But after a pack of werewolves came and slaughtered her family, in which they were actually innocent, they never harmed a human being. She became enraged, switching off her humanity and became a ruthless killer. Ever since then, she has taken joy in seeing others suffer, but pitied very few, in which she turned them into vampires. She is described as a psychopath, and enjoys making people suffer for her own amusement. She tracked down Scott so she could kill Sheldon, since Scott protected him from her, and tried to kill Elia because Scott harbored feelings for her, though she was unsuccessful. After Scott managed to her her humanity back on, she had become remorseful and horrified to what she had done. Right before Scott was about to kill her, Elia intervened, telling him to let her go, since she believed everyone deserved second chances. Since being on her own, she had begun to live life, and used her abilities to help save peoples lives, like how she did back in her human life.
Some of these powers are more potent when the vampire gets older and feeds on human blood.
- Super Strength - Vampires are much stronger than humans and grow stronger with time. Even new vampires who are still in transition can toss a fully grown human across a room with great speed and force. Their strength is also more powerful than werewolves that are not in wolf form.
- Super Speed - Vampires can accelerate their movements to cover short instances in an instant, faster than the human eye can see. When running across long distances, they appear as vibrating blurs of motion.
- Emotional Control - Like all vampires, Seana has the ability to switch off her humanity.
- Heightened Senses - They can hear whispered conversations, even ones in far off buildings, smell blood, and see in total darkness.
- Mind Compulsion - Vampires have the ability to control minds, plague people's dreams, and alter/erase human memories.
- Immortality - A vampire stops aging once turned. Upon their transformation, vampires then on become immune to all conventional illness, disease, virus and infection.
- Healing Factor - Vampires can snap their finger bones back into place after being broken and have been seen to fully recover from gunshots, stab wounds, and torso impalement.
- Fire Opal Ring - She possesses a fire opal ring that enables her to walk in daylight without being harmed, after she died, Elle kept her ring and later gave it to Ally.
- Sunlight - Vampires are burned by sunlight. If they come into contact with it, it will result in permanent death.
- Wood - A stake through the heart would result in permanent death to a Vampire.
- Broken Neck - can subdue a vampire for a short amount of time.
- Werewolf Bite - it weakens a vampire for a limited amount of time, they lose their vampric abilities depending on the severity of the bite, the most common being about a week to a month.
- Scott Anderson - Enemies, Former Allies/Friends, Ex-lovers, She turned him into a vampire. However, when he turned his humanity back on, it forced them to split ways. Seana harmed people he cared about, forcing him to completely hate her. Seana would never harm him though, she harbored feelings for him, even with her humanity off.
- Prologue (Indirectly Mentioned)
- The Reckoning (Appeared)
- Forgotten (Unseen/Mentioned)
- Sins of the Past (Flashback; Appeared)
- The Glimpse (Flashback; Appeared/Mentioned)
- Day Terrors (Appeared)
- Past Mistakes (Appeared)
- Bright Eyes (Appeared)
- The Undead (Appeared)
- Seana is the first vampire in the series shown to sire another vampire.
- She was the last living member of the Petrescu family, before being turned by her adoptive father Riley Kane.